- Internal medicine resident: 2004 – 2007.
Kasr Al Ainy School of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt :outpatient clinics, inpatient words, ER and Medical ICU.
- Internal medicine resident: 2007-2008.
New Kasr Al Ainy School of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt :inpatient words, ER and ICU.
- Internal medicine specialist :2008-2012
Kasr Al Ainy hospital internal medicine department
- Associate professor and consultant of diabetes and endocrinology Internal medicine consultant: 2016- 2018
Kasr Al Ainy School of Medicine Cairo university, Egypt, AL Wadi hospital, Al Kateb hospital
- Consultant of internal medicine at ACDS , Abu Dhabi :2019-2021
Education and Training
M.B.B.Ch – Cairo University, Egypt – Oct. 2002-Excellent with honours.
- MSc. of Internal medicine – Cairo University, Egypt – 2008.
- MD of Internal medicine – Cairo University, Egypt – 2012.
- MRCP diabetes and endocrinology specialty certificate -2014.
- MSc.of diabetes ,endocrinology, metabolism and clinical nutrition – Cairo university, Egypt – 2016
- Professional development and training in Emergency medicine (Ronald Reagan Institute, George Washington University, Washington DC) :2009- 2010
- European Society of Endocrinology
- Egyptian Society of Internal Medicine
Awards and Recognition
- Best assistant lecturer, faculty of medicine, Cairo university (2010)
- Best presentation at DIA Egypt (2018)
- International publication award from Cairo university (2019)
- Beclin1 circulating level as predictor of carotid intima-media thickness in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Medicine (Baltimore). 2021;100(28):e26630.
- Elevated Serum Cyclophilin D Level is Associated with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Higher Fibrosis Scores in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus. Int J Gen Med. 2021;14:4665-4675. Published 2021 Aug 18. doi:10.2147/IJGM.S322986
- The Effect of Bariatric Surgery versus Intensive Medical Care on Prevention of Microalbuminuria in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: 3 Year Experience of a Prospective Study. Open Access Maced J Med Sci [Internet]. 2021 Mar. 31 [cited 2021 Jul. 6];9(B):202-7.
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in CDKAL1 Gene are Not Associated with Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in a Group of Egyptian Population. Biomed Pharmacol J 2020;13(2)
- Abdominal subcutaneous fat thickness and homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance as simple predictors of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2019;12:1105-1111.
- A significant upsurge of body mass index in patients with chronic hepatitis C successfully treated with direct-acting antiviral regimens. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2019;30(8):708-713. doi:10.5152/tjg.2019.18514
- Irisin level in type 2 diabetic patients and its relation to glycemic control and diabetic complications. Int J Diabetes Dev Ctries.2019
- .Ovarian reserve in an Egyptian cohort with end-stage kidney disease on hemodialysis and after successful kidney transplantation:a prospective study. International Urology and Nephrology.2019
- Serum level of the autophagy biomarker Beclin-1 in patients with diabetic kidney disease.. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018 Jun 28;143:56-61.
- Endocrine Abstracts (2018) 56 P451 | DOI: 10.1530/endoabs.56.P451
- Managing diabetes and liver disease association. Arab J Gastroenterol. 2018;19(4):166-179.
- Is 25- Hydroxy Vitamin D a Real Index of Vitamin D Status in Pre-Dialysis Chronic Kidney Disease Patients?. Int J Nephrol Ther. 2018;4(1): 001-006
- Negative Association between Serum 25 Hydroxy Vitamin D and Serum Uric Acid among Stage 3-5 Chronic Kidney Disease Patients. Ann Med Health Sci Res. 2018;8:87-90
- Fibroblast growth factor-23 is a strong predictor of insulin resistance among chronic kidney disease patients.. Ren Fail. 2018; 40(1): 226–230.
- TCF7L2 Gene Polymorphisms and Susceptibility to Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, a Pilot Study. Biomed Pharmacol J 2018;11(2)..
- Endocrine Abstracts (2018) 56 P338 | DOI: 10.1530/endoabs.56.P338
- Towards hepatitis C virus elimination: Egyptian experience, achievements and limitations. World journal of gastroenterology 2018; 24(38):4330-4340.
- Scoring system for prediction of esophageal varices using non-invasive parameters. International Journal of Current Research, 2016, 8 (10): 40626-40629
- Outcome prediction for critically ill Egyptian cirrhotic patients in liver intensive care unit”, 17th Conference of European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT), Brussels, 13 Sep 2015.
- an abstract at the 17th Congress of the European Society for Organ Transplantation 13-16 September 2015, in Brussels, Belgium – and also published as an abstract in Transplant International (Volume 28, Issue Supplement S4 in November 2015).
- Comparison of different scoring systems in predicting short-term mortality after liver transplantation.Transplant Proc. 2015 May;47(4):1207-10.
- .Vascular endothelial growth factor before and after locoregional treatment and its relation to treatment response in hepatocelluar carcinoma patients.Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2015; 5(12): 1005–1009.
- Viral Load and Genotype Matter in Hepatitis C Virus Related Heart Disease in Cirrhotic Patients. Journal of American Science 2012; 8(9):796-803
- Adiponectin level in Egyptian type 2 diabetic patients and its relation to glycemic control and lipid profile. International Journal of Advanced Research in Biological Sciences. 2017 ,4(6): 64-71
- .Spleen size in patients with metabolic syndrome and its relation to anthropometric, metabolic and inflammatory parameters. ejim. 2018,30(2):78-82
- Urinary connective tissue growth factor level in relation to nephropathy and retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes. KAMJ .2018,14(1):14-18
- Prognostic value of Hepatocyte growth factor in dialysis chronic renal failure patients with heart failure. KAMJ. 2017
- Prognostic value of the biomarker copeptin in critically ill patients with sepsis. KAMJ.2016; 22(3): 123–128
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Different types of diabetes
- Disorders of Lipid metabolism
- Thyroid disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Parathyroid disorders